Services and Fees
- Three sessions to plan for current school year.
- Review academic process.
- Assist with course selection for the following year.
- Provide recommendations for extracurricular involvement and summer activities.
- SAT/ACT testing schedule and preparation advisement.
Junior and Senior Year Advisory Services at an hourly rate of $250 include:
- In depth interview of student and parent to determine needs and preferences.
- Evaluating academic record (student transcript) including advice on junior and senior year course selection.
- Determining SAT/ACT testing calendar and recommendations for test preparation.
- Identifying special talent (athletic, artistic, musical, other) and the role in the college application process.
- Collaborating and development an appropriate list of schools to which the student will apply.
- Instructing on effective means of researching different college options (use of the internet, college visits, college fairs and informational meetings, and local college representative meetings at student’s high school).
- Developing a time line for junior and senior year.
- Ongoing assistance with college application preparation and submission.
- Brainstorming topics for and review of college application essays (there is an additional fee of $100 an hour for editing of essays).
- Student interview preparation for applications, summer jobs, and internships.
- Assisting with responding to deferral and wait list decision.
- Counseling on the college or university choice once the student receives acceptances. The goal is to achieve the best possible fit between student and college/program.
View my services by academic year.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Working with you over the past several years to guide us through the college application process has been extremely helpful. From our first meeting in which you convinced us to ‘relax and take it easy as we started this journey’ to the final decisions that we made, you have been a pleasure to work with and a valuable resource! As we began the process of determining which school would be the perfect fit for our kids you set reasonable goals and managed our expectations. More importantly, you focused on what was the most appropriate school from the student’s perspective. We appreciated your helping to establish a reasonable timeline with specific milestones and were a great sounding board as we considered different options. We also appreciate the collaborative nature of our discussions and the very specific strategies you provided, including the best approach for getting recommendations, interaction with the schools we were considering, whether or not to apply Early Decision and of course which schools to apply to. In the end, everything worked out better than expected, just as you said it would! Thank you again. — Parent, Hewlett NY
I was terrified when it came to writing my college essay because I did not feel confident that I could write a personal statement that would convey my ideas and thoughts. With Anne’s guidance, it not only contains everything I wanted to say but shows my true personality as well. Thank you, Anne! — Student, Muhlenberg College
Not only has Mrs. Gould been an integral part of my high school career, but also an
even bigger part with helping me throughout the college application process. She takes
into consideration that every student is different and caters to that specific student’s
academics, personality, and even interests to find the colleges that best suit them. For
example, my older brother and I are two completely different people, and yet Mrs. Gould
was able to help us both discover and successfully get into our dream schools. There is
absolutely no denying her incredible expertise and knowledge with the college application process, and my family and I cannot thank her enough for all her hard work and dedication. — Student, New York University