On July 27th, Jessica Dietrich, Admissions Representative from Ithaca College (IC), joined me at my office along with some students and parents to learn about Ithaca’s programs and admissions process. We had a lively discussion about programs related to their Elementary Education, Sports Marketing, Sports Media, and Journalism Programs. Here are some fun facts that were mentioned:
- Ithaca is a “test optional” school and test scores are not required for admission or for merit scholarship consideration. While they are not required, they do “superscore” SAT and ACTS.
- The transcript is the most important part of the admissions process and it is reviewed in the context of what is offered by the student’s high school.
- It is a Division 3 school and interested student athletes should go to the section on Athletics on the IC website and fill out the recruitment questionnaire.
- Internships are available to all students and there are many exciting opportunities at Madison Square Garden, Barclays Center, Long Island Ducks, and this summer there is a group of journalism students in Rio De Janeiro at the Olympics.
- No Greek life at IC but interested students can go to Cornell to join sororities and fraternities.