Marquette University is a Jesuit school located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is a relatively quick plane ride from LaGuardia Airport and a perfect fit for the student seeking a traditional campus environment in an urban setting.
- Easy to travel throughout the city and students enjoy being actively involved in at least one but more often several different community service activities.
- Caring, curious, interested in learning, energetic, involved and engaged on campus and beyond are all words describing Marquette students.
- Diverse student body comes from all 50 states and 70 countries.
- Milwaukee is a “college town.” Marquette University is 1.5 miles from Lake Michigan and home of the major music festival “Summerfest.”
- Residential campus and most students live in dorms (on campus housing is guaranteed for all 4 years).
- Direct admit to specific programs in one of 7 colleges: Arts and Sciences, Business, Communication, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, and Nursing (highly selective with only 150 spaces available each year).
- 275 student organizations, Division 1 Athletics, and 13% participation in Greek life.
Marquette University has all of the resources of a large institution (8300 undergraduates/3200 graduate and professional students) with the benefits of a small college. They are known for their professors and administrators who collaborate with students across all disciplines and have enthusiastic and generous alumni.
I walked away from my visit thrilled to have learned about this “gem” of a school in the Midwest and in fact sent text messages to several clients encouraging them to check it out. Want to learn more about Marquette University and the services that I provide? Visit my website – annegouldcollegeadvisor.com and call for your appointment